Published on September 27th, 2015 | by Louise Hogan0
Clean House Is Key To Selling – Your Lapeer Mi Real Estate Deal
Selling Your Home in Lapeer, Perhaps a Clean House Is In Order?
You made the decision to list your house for sale. A wise choice will be to complete advance preparation even before you contact your real estate agent to start the listing process.
It is time to take a walk through your house with a buyer’s hat on, and make notes on what you as a buyer noticed. Then start the preparation by repairing and replacing the items on your list. Overall, there is no need to take on any major projects, just concentrate on the following key areas:
- If you don’t need it, why keep it? Consider this the start of your packing process for your move
- Empty bookshelves
- Clear kitchen and bathroom countertops
- Clean, and organize your closets
You want potential buyers to focus on the attractiveness of your house,
not on how messy it is. Storage space is also one of the major selling
factors of a house.
- Keep your décor simple
- Remove any pictures or decorative pieces that may not be appealing to the potential buyer
- De-personalize your house by removing family portraits
This will assist potential buyers with imagining themselves in the space
- Paint walls in neutral colors , you don’t want potential buyers getting turned off with bright explosive colors
- Fix or replace lighting fixtures, especially if they are over 15 years old
- Repair all leaky faucets
- Fix doors and kitchen drawers if they don’t close properly
- Clean floors and replace cracked wooden floors or tiles
Completing simple repairs does not only attract buyers but could also
potentially increase your house value by a couple thousand dollars
- Wash sidewalks and curbs
- Mow the lawn and replenish your flower garden if needed
- Wash windows inside and outside including cleaning drapes and blinds
- Paint faded window trims
- Re-caulk and re-grout the tubs, showers and sinks
- Dust all furniture, light fixtures and ceiling fans
- Remove any unwanted smells
Potential buyers could get turned off by the unkempt exterior of your house and may not bother venturing inside.
When preparing your house for sale, you may also want to consider staging your living room by turning it into a conversational central. Help create a picture for your potential buyers where they can vision themselves relaxing with friends and family. Try grouping the living room furniture by arranging them to inspire conversation. Also, bring a little nature into your house with some potted plants or vases with fresh cut flowers. A few minor touch-up and a sparkling, clean house can go a long way with selling your house.